We believe building a custom home should be an enjoyable experience.
At Hensley, we take great pride in making that our top priority. We are a family-owned company and our passion is to provide a stress-free, in-budget and high-quality experience.
With numerous awards, Hensley Custom Building Group has earned a top place among Cincinnati’s Custom Home Builders. For over 30 years, we have been building some of the finest homes in Cincinnati for a select and discerning few. Because of our meticulous attention to detail and pride in product, we build only a limited number of homes each year.
What sets us apart from other Custom Home Builders in Cincinnati is our focus on making the home building experience enjoyable for you. We’re known for our:
- Strong partnership with clients
- Preparation and meticulous attention to detail
- Finest product selection and quality craftsmenship
- Lack of egos (We are building your home not ours)
- Professionalism of all of our team
- Subcontractors who are gifted craftsmen
- Experienced project management
- Guidance and our process
“Custom homes stand out from the crowd. They are one-of-a-kind, upscale creations that come with luxury upgrades and unique architectural design.” – National Association of Home Builders
Our Process is Founded on Transparency
Our partnership starts with our innovative design-build process as detailed in our workbooks. As one of the leading custom home builders in Cincinnati, our goal is to foster collaboration from start to finish. Our procedures are built around simplicity and common sense. We pride ourselves on our:
- Transparency – We fully disclose our prices to our clients and price our homes based on a “fixed cost” or a “Cost-plus” fee basis. We operate on an open book basis with all bids and invoices open to client review on a cost-plus contract.
- Professionalism – We competitively bid every aspect of our projects with time-tested contractors who have proven their quality and expertise. Many have worked for us for nearly 25 years.
- Fairness – We bill monthly, only for work done, materials delivered and invoiced to us. Manage payments and lien releases through a third-party title company. Your payments are disbursed directly to those who have invoiced and completed the work.
- Innovation – Our online system allows every member of the team to access project information, 24/7 including plans, specifications, budget, finish selections, change orders, schedule and all project communication.
- Openness – We don’t ask our clients to sign a contract until we have a final home design, material selections and a budget that meet expectations.
Working with Cincinnati Custom Home Builders
Our numerous awards, including multiple first place Homearama Luxury Edition Home Show Awards, Excellence Awards from Residential Design & Build Magazine and more, attest to our dedication to a great experience.
We’re experts in helping Cincinnati homeowners get the most out of their custom home building experience.
“Together we created our home. Tim and John listened to what was important to us and didn’t try to fit us into a mold. They delivered a one-of-a-kind custom home building experience.” – Ned, 2017 Home Buyer
Here are some insider tips for building a great partnership:
Start with Our Design Build Process
When someone comes in for the first time, we provide a Design Workbook and guide. By using the guide as a framework, we familiarize you with the steps and questions you may have along the way.
The process helps you feel at ease and in control of the project. We are here to listen to you every step of the way. The workbook helps you prioritize the features and amenities you want the most.
Our discussion starts with the review of the site or lot selections and steps you through design considerations, preliminary plans, job estimates, schedules, approval and selection processes.
We know that being a good listener is very important. This initial conversation helps us start the project right. We enjoy sharing our knowledge with you.
Communicate Early and Often
You know what you want and it’s important to share your vision with us.
Luckily today, there are many tools that make that easy. From Houzz to Pinterest, save your inspirational images and share early and often. Sharing your vision for the exterior finishes, color selections, and everything in between, helps the project go smoothly.
Using inspiration boards, notebooks or Pinterest pages are a great way to communicate your vision. When we see it we can deliver.
Enjoy the Journey
We know that building a custom home is a dream. Many people may build only one custom home in their lives. We take that seriously
And we partner closely with you at every turn. We bring in knowledgeable professionals, home designers, artisans and material specialists at each phase. It’s a hand in hand process and we take your dreams seriously.